I provide specialized orthopedic rehabilitation, for all joints, all ages, and all purposes. This includes all spinal conditions (headache, cervical, thoracic, lumbosacral/sacroiliac), upper extremity (hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, shoulder) and lower extremity (hip, thigh, knee, leg, shin, ankle, foot) problems, for athletes, sports, work, or regular activities of daily living.
Other Therapy Services I Provide:
- Evaluation and Management of vestibular and balance problems (including vertigo and other types of dizziness)
- Fall prevention, and evaluation and management of gait disturbance
- Evaluation and Management of difficulties with activities of daily living (ADL) related to the lower extremities and spine.
- Limited rehabilitation after a stroke or spinal cord injury, usually some time after the injury, with a defined set of goals.
- Evaluation and Management of chronic pain conditions.
I provide most services in clinic, but will contract with individuals, businesses, insurers, physician groups, hospitals, or other agencies to provide advice, assessment, education, and treatment at the workplace, home, office, or any other location.
Therapy Services I Do Not Provide:
- Rehabilitation for pediatric neurological conditions (cerebral palsy, developmental delay, torticollis, etc)
- Wound care
- Customized upper extremity splinting, such as outriggers, serial casting, etc.
- Occupational Therapy (which includes cognition, task planning, and psychosocial factors related to work and disability)
- Treatment for lymphedema or incontinence.
- Treatment for TMJ problems which are not directly related to mechanical neck problems.
My rehabilitation programs include:
- Hands-on manual therapy techniques – to quickly correct loss of motion
- Supervised therapeutic exercises targeted to specific deficiencies
- Modalities such as cold packs, heat, and electrical stimulation to reduce pain, inflammation, and to increase flexibility
- Targeted home exercise programs that do not require special equipment
- Restoration of functional strength and stability for daily activities
- Work-specific or sport-specific rehabilitation
Contact me to schedule an initial evaluation. If physical therapy is recommended, I’ll contact your physician in writing regarding the recommended plan of care, allowing him or her to make the most informed decision possible for the care.